Monday 3 December 2012

End of year book survey!

End of year book survey is created by Jamie over at perpetual page turner, its just a survey to look back at the books we read this year.
I know the year isn't over yet but i have a feeling i wont be getting a whole lot more reading done between now and the end of the year so without further ado here is my survey for 2012!


1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
So probably my most favourite book of the year is was Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver but i have so many that i might just break it up into genres:

Adult fiction: The Casual Vacancy- J.K.Rowling
Contemporary YA- Cracked up to be- Courtney Summers and The Fault in our stars- John Green
Dystopian YA- Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Anna and the french kiss- Stephanie Perkins, i didn't completely hate this but after all the hype i thought it would be a lot better and i was pretty disappointed. It was kind of like any other YA contemporary

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
The girls guide to homelessness- Brianna Karp, i didn't expect this book to touch me like it did. I really felt a lot of emotions while reading this and i really enjoyed it.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
I haven't really recommended any books to anyone because most the people around me don't read, but i did tell my mum she should read fifty shades of grey (not that she did).

 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The delirium series is so good! i loved the second book way more than the first but they were both great, its such a good concept. I also enjoyed the maze runner series (although i have only read the first two so far)

 6. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2012?
John Green , i read two books by him this year and really enjoyed them both.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The red queen and The white queen by Phillipa Gregory, i don't usually read much historical fiction but i actually really enjoyed these books, although it took me a little bit to get into because you kind of have to think a lot while reading to remember who's who and everything.

 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Well there was only one book i read in one sitting and that was The fault in our stars by John Green

 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Probably pandemonium because when requiem comes out i will want to remember everything that happened

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Fallen- Lauren Kate
It wasn't the greatest read but it has such a pretty cover.















11. Most memorable character in 2012? 
Probably Ana from the fifty shades of grey trilogy, only because it was probably one of the weirdest books I've read so it stands out to me

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The sky is everywhere- Jandy Nelson was really well written

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
Either A girls guide to homelessness- Brianna Karp or Unbearable lightness- Portia De Rossi, they were both great reads about real issues and they really make you feel.


 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? 
The Hobit-J.R.R.Tolkein, I've been wanting to read it for so long and i finally did it this year

 15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 
“You have to understand. I am no one special. I am just a single girl. I am five feet two inches tall and I am in-between in every way. But I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist. And there are many of us out there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love into hate, into refusal, against hope,and without fear. I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” 
 Lauren OliverDelirium

there were a lot more but this is one of the many

 16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
shortest- Surviving the angel of death: the story of a mengele twin in auschwitz- Eva Mozes Kor
longest- A Game of Thrones- George R.R.Martin

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
the ending of delirium i was like WTF o.0 i wasn't exactly dying to talk to someone about it though

18. Favourite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
I loved the relationship in What i didn't say-Keary Taylor, it was really great the way they communicated and discovered their love

19. Favourite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
The casual vacancy- J.K.Rowling, i was so happy to be reading her writing again even if it was a completely different concept. She still has one of the best writing styles I've ever read.

20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
I don't really get recommended books by people but i do get ideas from you tube and blogs. i cant really say one specific one though.

I'm looking forward to 2013 and all the books that come with it.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really surprised at seeing The Casual Vacancy listed as a best book for the year. I've seen a lot of people who hated it (of course those are mostly people who never would have picked it up without Rowling's name on the cover), and a lot of people defending it (I'd say my review falls into that category - I gave it 3 stars), but not a lot of people who LOVED it! But I did think it was really well done, if not exactly my kind of book, so I'm glad to see it getting some love.

    Also I tried Philippa Gregory for the first time this year too. I'd never really been interested in historical fiction before but she is changing that.

    Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete