Friday 2 August 2013

The iron daughter (Iron fey #2)- Julie Kagawa

Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: Aug 1, 2010
359 Pages
Goodreads page

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


I really love this world that Julie has created. It took me a bit to get back into it because i read the first book quite a while ago but once my memory caught up i was taken away to this magical world.
I know that a lot of people aren't into books about faeries but i actually really enjoy it, its a great escape from reality.
I liked how the story adventure continued and although Meghan could get annoying at times its pretty easy to see past that to the other great characters that are in this book. I love Puck and Ash and the rivalry they have going.
The one part in this book that kind of bugged me was the dance (those who have read it will know what I'm talking about). It was kind of cheesy and i think it would have been better for the story if they made that part in a different setting, but that's the only problem i had.
I'm excited to continue the series and see where the story and adventure goes.

****
Four stars

No comments:

Post a Comment