Sunday 12 August 2012

Confessions of an angry girl- Louise Rozett

Publisher: Harlequin teen
Published: Aug 28, 2012
272 pages
Goodreads page

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make:

…1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is nowenraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)



To start off we meet Rose whose dad has died over the summer and she is starting high school. We follow her trying to go through the struggles of high school while dealing with her fathers death.
Well i did enjoy most of this book, but unfortunately the ending just wasn't what i was looking for. It pretty much just ended without warning and i was left thinking 'ugh, what??'
There is a second book coming in 2013 called Confessions of an almost girlfriend, which I'm assuming will answer my questions but i just didn't like it. It wasn't what you would call a cliffhanger because I'm not desperate to know what happens I'm just more confused. Maybe this is what the author was going for? I'm not sure.
Other than that the writing style is great and i love Rose's character, she has such an entertaining personality. I wish they could have gone a little deeper with the other characters.
The 'evil cheerleader' thing is a little cliche but it was pulled off pretty well in this book and i actually enjoyed all the bitchiness.
Overall a pretty good read, just hoping when the next book comes along it will leave me less confused and get a little deeper.
Oh and also i really love the cover of this book, I'm not sure why because its nothing all that different but i just think its nicely done.

***
Three stars


No comments:

Post a Comment